cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anpotlur
Level: Powered On

Gallery Scroll overlapping with control template width

If you place any control on gallery which uses the total template width  then some part of control may not be visible,if gallery has scroll bar. 

It seems gallery control scroll bar overlaping with Template. In my opinion either scroll bar shouldn't use template width or atleast we should know how much width scroll bar is using , so that we can have responsive controls. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Gallery Scroll overlapping with control template width

Hi @anpotlur ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

I agree with @RandyHayes 's thought almost. It is an known issue within PowerApps. Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to know how much width the Scroll bar is using.

The Scroll bar would be the part of the Gallery if you have turn on the "ShowScrollbar" property within the Gallery. In order to fix your issue, you could consider turn off the "ShowScrollbar" property in your Gallery, so the Scroll bar would not be displayed in your Gallery, so the overlapping issue would be gone.

If you would like this feature to be improved, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gmaasz

Can you provide a screenshot of the problem so we can maybe take a look or provide an alternative solution

Super User
Super User

@anpotlur 

Yes, this is an issue with the Gallery and the scroll bar.  

Unfortunately there is no specific padding for the right side to allow for the scroll bar.

Personally, I consider the situation...if the app will be primarily "touch based" (mobile app), then I ditch the scrollbar and use all the space.  If the app will be primarily on a desktop/laptop where users are accustomed to seeing a scrollbar, then I plan for the scrollbar to be there regardless of if it is or not.

Doesn't really provide what you are looking for, but hopefuly this helps add some information for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @anpotlur ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

I agree with @RandyHayes 's thought almost. It is an known issue within PowerApps. Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to know how much width the Scroll bar is using.

The Scroll bar would be the part of the Gallery if you have turn on the "ShowScrollbar" property within the Gallery. In order to fix your issue, you could consider turn off the "ShowScrollbar" property in your Gallery, so the Scroll bar would not be displayed in your Gallery, so the overlapping issue would be gone.

If you would like this feature to be improved, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

anpotlur

Thank you @RandyHayes . In my case it's primarly for Desktop, for me I had to show scroll bar.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,037)