Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mukeshkavia
Helper I
Helper I

Gallery Search function

Hi,

I have a small issue with searching a gallery of data.

i originally had customer name as the source for the gallery, and the search box worked fine searching and automatically filtering the gallery list as i typed in search box.

now, there's a new requirement where i have to load the gallery with customer keys. i then do a lookup on the item box to pull through customer name. so, user can see customer name but actual value behind is the customer key. so, now when i use search box, it's filtering gallery items by customer key and not name. 

how can I adapt the search facility to search on the 'masked' customer name rather than the customer key?

thanks for your help

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@mukeshkavia 

I may not be understanding your requirement but take a look at Reza Dorrani's new video on the Combobox control. I think that may be the way to go for filtering your gallery rather than trying to do it with a textinput box.  

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mukeshkavia,

Could you please tell me that:

1). if you have a Combo Box or Text box populated with the customer based on the input key within the search box?

2). Are there a different data source that shares the same customer name column?

3). If you want to filter the Gallery based on the Combo Box selected customer name?

Here I just assume you want to populate a Combo Box with the customer name based on the input key and you want to filter the Gallery based on Combo Box.

To achieve this, you must make sure the both of the key list and customer list share the same customer name column values.

Set the Combo Box Items property as below:

Distinct(CustomerNameList,CustomerNameColumn)

Set the Combo Box DefaultSelectedItems property as below:

Filter(CustomerKeyList,KeyColumn=TextInput1.Text).CustomerName

Set the Gallery Items property as below:

Filter(CustomerKeyList,CustomerName​=ComboBox1.Selected.Result)
Best Regards,
Qi

combobox and listbox have limitation on rows so hence using a gallery list which has no limits

Hi,

I have a textbox which i start typing a customer name into.

the Gallery list below automatically filters the list data based on textbox.

problem is, the source data in gallery items is based on customer keys. on the visible text box that the users see I do a lookup to show the customer name.

The search function is filtering the keys based on names. 

i want the user to be able to filter based on names and not keys. not sure how to achieve this.

ps: i can't use combobox or listbox due to 2000 record limitation

Hi @mukeshkavia,

Could you please tell me that if there is any relationship between the Key and the customer name?

If the data source has a customer name column corresponding to each customer key that you do a lookup based on?

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,933)