Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gallery.Selected Issue

Help!

Gallery.Selected.xxx not returning anything in PowerApps Studio dev environment but working in Published App!

I am a seasoned PowerApps developer and I have an app which, until today, was working fine.

I have made no code changes but when I open my app today, my Gallery.Selected is not returning anything!

I have several galleries throughout the app and I, for exmaple, set labels to be galleryname.Selected.ID (doesn't matter whether you use ID or any other valid fieldname).  Today, the labels aren't receiving the .selected.ID!  If you publish the app, it all works fine???

I have replaced one of galleries with a listbox, a dropdown and a datatable and then .selected works fine so this appears to be an issue with the Gallery control?

I created a new app from scratch, same data sources, add a gallery and all works fine.....but I have not changed this problem app at all!  Cant be my code as (a) I have not changed it and (b) it works when published

seems to be an issue with the Gallery control but only in the dev environment?

Any ideas would

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @JeffSmith ,

This is caching issue on PowerApps studio. Publish the App once and logout from Office 365 from all browsers and login back that should fix your issue.

I have seen this many times during development.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @JeffSmith ,

This is caching issue on PowerApps studio. Publish the App once and logout from Office 365 from all browsers and login back that should fix your issue.

I have seen this many times during development.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Krishna

You are a superstar!  I am clearly not as seasoned as I thought - been building large scale production apps for nearly two years now and never had this happen before!  Maybe because I am using multiple machines now that my firm is flipping between office work and WFH?  

Anyway, thankyou!

Jeff

Highlighted

Could very well be!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Highlighted

Krishna,

may have spoken too soon..... Went for lunch, came back, opened the app in  PowerApps Studio and exactly the same thing happening again!(gallery.selected not working).

Republished, logged out of Office 365 (on both Chrome and Edge), rebooted PC (belt and braces!), logged back in and still happening!

(all still working fine in Published prod)

Any other thoughts?

Jeff

Highlighted

Hi @JeffSmith ,

That is really strange never experienced like that every time it resolved my issue after the reboot.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,230)