cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mgodby Resolver I
Resolver I

Gallery.Selected changes when I do a SubmitForm

Why does my Gallery.Selected change when I do a SubmitForm? I've noticed that this issue only occurs when my gallery is sorted. Is there a way to stop this? Is there a way to prevent my gallery from resetting when I do a SubmitForm?

When the "Items" for my gallery is this ...
sorteditems.png

... the issue occurs, but when I remove Sort(), I don't get the issue.

notsorteditems.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Gallery.Selected changes when I do a SubmitForm

Try this:

1. Set the OnSelect property of the gallery to Set(currentRecord, ThisItem)
2. Set the Default property of the gallery to currentRecord.

Let me know if this helps.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://www.thepoweraddict.com
Mgodby Resolver I
Resolver I

No it didn't work for me. The selected item just goes blank after I do a submitform. I tried setting it up another way and checked the "currentRecord" data and see that it is indeed set to the one I selected before, but for some reason the gallery.selected goes back to it's first item. Like the "currentRecord" has the item 1075 in its data but the gallery.selected is for 1076. 

Super User
Super User

A few questions:

1. Is your form on another screen?
2. Are you simply editing the selected record in the form?
3. What exactly did you try when you set it up differently? As long as you have something defined in the Default property of the gallery, it shouldn't default to the 1st one. Try once with setting the Default property to {} to see if it blanks out Gallery.Selected instead of setting it to the 1st item.
4. Lastly, where you have the SubmitForm function (possibly on the OnSelect of a button), try adding this:
SubmitForm(Form1);Reset(Gallery1)

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://www.thepoweraddict.com
Super User
Super User

Gallery.Selected is always causing problems for me so I just don't use it.

Instead in the gallery do OnSelect=Set(varSelected, ThisItem.Title) and then for the Form you can have on the Items=LookUp(DataSource, Title=varSelected)  and you can also filter other Galleries off that or use it however you need. It is a global variable then so works across screens and won't change what is selected off of other actions. If you Title field isn't unique do the ID or something else instead...a unique value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,582)