Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckserra
Helper III
Helper III

Gallery Template Fill

Hi everyone.

I have two data sources, GameLists and TTDDefects.  All my data pulls from GameList and any form data submitted goes to TTDDefects.  I am trying to shade in an item in a  Gallery once the CompareData text appears on both lists. 

I have tried

"If(
IsBlank(LookUp(TTDDefectsAll,Compare2 = ThisItem.Compare))),
White,
Blue
)".

All my Gallery turns blue, and im struggling to get it to work properly.  The compare Data is text not numeric. 

Thanks for any help!

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@ckserra What Type of column is Compare2? Is it a Textfield? And ThisItem.Compare is also a Text Value?

Could you provide a screenshot of both lists where I can see the Compare2 and Compare Column

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Yessir, they are both calculated columns, but I can pull in to a single line of text if thats an issue.  

@PowerRanger  Both columns are also present in different galleries if that makes this easier.  Basically if Compare is present in galScroll and galDefect the template fill in galScroll should be red.

PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@ckserra The formular you have provided looks good to me. Currently I would assume that there is an issue with comparing calculated fields - I can't double check this right now.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,962)