Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voltes
Resolver I
Resolver I

Gallery, Views and Layout

Hi all,

I'm creating a new view for my custom Entity in CDS. How actually use this new view ? as in my apps, I add a gallery and use my entity and also the view that I just created, but when Edit fields, nothing in there.

If checking the Layout, the "Edit fields" is more related to this Layout, so when I choose Layout "Blank", the edit field's Data setting is blank, if I choose Titles, there will be one field in Edit Fields, and so on.

I'm expecting the gallery will be listed as the fields I set in views, it looks not. So what is the "Views" selection in the gallery for, actually ?

My intention is actually to have the gallery shows like a Grid, like the tabular or list

Thanks,

TZ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Voltes 

That is not the way it works.  If you want to see your data in a grid type view, use a Datatable control.  You can mimic a datatable by arranging your fields horizontally and adding labels above the gallery.  Mostly, the view property in Canvas Apps is used to prefilter and sort the data.  That being said, in Model driven apps, the data is shown very much like you are describing.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @Voltes 

You can define a view by selecting an entity and creating a new view, say you want to add a filter and sort the entity on one of its fields. Alternatively, you could use one of the preselected views created when the entity is created. In the example below, I am only interested in Active Customers.

Then, when you are choosing the Items for  your gallery, PowerApps will automatically add your filter to the Items according to the view selected. The data is then preselected for you and often this is a way to overcome the delegation limits imposed on the entity when using nondelegatable functions.  It can make writing the formulas for some of the controls much simpler.  Annotation 2020-05-25 094521.jpgAnnotation 2020-05-25 094522.jpg

Hi,

I was hoping the gallery will show the columns exactly as what I set in my View, which I already select it in my Gallery.

Is there a way to achieve that? So obviously, the gallery will display as a grid list.

Thanks

Hi @Voltes 

That is not the way it works.  If you want to see your data in a grid type view, use a Datatable control.  You can mimic a datatable by arranging your fields horizontally and adding labels above the gallery.  Mostly, the view property in Canvas Apps is used to prefilter and sort the data.  That being said, in Model driven apps, the data is shown very much like you are describing.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,975)