AshishJaiswal
Post Patron
Post Patron

Gallery and Form Same Screen

Hi Experts,

I need some advise

I have a gallery showing items from a sharepoint list

next to the gallery

I have a form which will display item selected from gallery - Refer the image below.

AshishJaiswal_0-1634194731393.png

I would like that when users clicks on gallery item then form should display item (for that I can use a variable - visiable property )

But when the user clicks or selects the next item from gallery

The form should refresh or should in someway identicate that next item from gallery was selected and now form is showing new details.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@AshishJaiswal 

Yes, you can.

Please see the below code.

If triggered from gallery item:   Notify("Your Text "&ThisItem.YourColumnName&" Your Text",NotificationType.Information)

if triggered from outside of gallery: Notify("Your Text "&YourgalleryName.Selected..YourColumnName&" Your Text",NotificationType.Information)

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AshishJaiswal ,

Please correct me if I'm wrong you want that whenever you select new item from the gallery the form should update the data based on the selection ? 

Or you just want to highlight the gallery item selected so user can see the highlighted selected items. 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

AshishJaiswal
Post Patron
Post Patron

@PG_WorXz10 

Thanks for replying

Gallery item is highlighted on selection using templatefill.

Form is showing new data on new item selection from gallery  (form - item property to gallery selected item)

Issue is there is no visual indicator that form is showing new data on new item selection 

form should display a kind of refresh or some indication that now form is showing details of new items selected from gallery

@AshishJaiswal ,

In your case a notification will work when ever you click on new item from the gallery something like below ?

Notify("New item details loaded",NotificationType.Information)

You can also mention some details from the selected item in Notification like "Tst EOL" Customer details loaded. 

@PG_WorXz10 

Great

But can i show the request ID (sharepoint list ID) in the notification message?

@AshishJaiswal 

Yes, you can.

Please see the below code.

If triggered from gallery item:   Notify("Your Text "&ThisItem.YourColumnName&" Your Text",NotificationType.Information)

if triggered from outside of gallery: Notify("Your Text "&YourgalleryName.Selected..YourColumnName&" Your Text",NotificationType.Information)

View solution in original post

@PG_WorXz10 

what if i simply use this 

Notify("Showing Details for :-   " & ThisItem.ID,NotificationType.Information,2000)

@AshishJaiswal 

You can modify the text elements to whatever suits your requirement. If the below notification works in your case please go ahead  with the notification. 

@PG_WorXz10 

The notify function only on web

My app is embeded into teams as a tab

any suggestions 

Hi @AshishJaiswal ,

The notify function will work same in Web mobile and Teams. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,747)