Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Gallery and/or Collection Limits

Hi,

I have an app in which i have 30+Galleries feeding a collection and using sharepoint as the source.

Has anyone done this before and had any issues?

Im doing it this way so each gallery has three buttons for each option in the choice field (OK, N/A and defect) I would have used checkboxes however the galleries make it look alot neater and tidy

Is there a limit to how many nested galleries one can have?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Gallery and/or Collection Limits

Hi @shaneOZ 

I dont believe there is any such limit

But nesting galleries too deep would impact the performance of your app

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@RezaDorrani wrote:

Hi @shaneOZ 

I dont believe there is any such limit

But nesting galleries too deep would impact the performance of your app

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

So i should use check boxes? 

How would i go about using three checkboxes for the one column?

i.e Say i have a column called Drillareacheck and i wanted these same three options (OK, N/A & Defect)

Previously i have only done two checkboxes and id have the oncheck as the following (this is just a yes/no)

Reset(CHKDrill_1);Set(SelectedOption, "NO")

and then id patch/collect like this

Drillareacheck: If(CHKDrill.Value=true,"YES","NO"),

So it would really only be checking one checkbox. 

However in my current scenario it wouldnt work as it would need to check all three? is this a multiple If statment? what would that look like?

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @shaneOZ 

In that case try using the listbox or the combo box controls - since these allow multiple selections

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I used to have the same problem where I would get frustrated trying to figure out the best way to to list multiple questions with a nice look and without having  to spend the time creating multiple galleries and if it is similar to what you are trying to do I have finally been able to accomplish this and just created one that worked well for my scenario a couple of days ago.  I have a total of 3 galllerys and each Gallery has 15-25 Questions in each Gallery.  I then take all those results totally about 55 total answered questions with things like "Yes", "No", and "NA".  The best part about it is I display all those questions in collections so it is fast on the app and not making network calls and then when I do make a call to patch the results I use the concat function to patch all of it to 1 Sharepoint Row (1 Record) into 3 different columns.  So my Sharepoint list only has 3 columns and 1 row that store all those answers in addtion to a coulple more columns for things like Title, Name, Customer or Employee Name that Sharepoint record with all those questions are tied to.  That way each time you complete those questions for a customer or employee, ect, ect you only add 1 Sharepoint row at a time and its only 1 call so it's fast, consistent, and when you later want to pull that row back from Sharepoint into your Collection again you just have to "unpack" that concatenated value with a formula and shape it back into a table and you can then reference all the safe answers if you had a need to do that for example.  If this helps I would be happy to share some examples that I could send you on how I am accomplishing this appproach.  It also provides a lot of flexibility in formatting the questions, the Gallery items, formatting colors on each item like if you want to show all the items with a RED border that are not completed yet ect.  You should prebuild all of it into a Table that you Clear Collect into a collection.  Nice and fast to create a very custom list and use it with out impacting performance.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,455)