Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KT61
Helper I
Helper I

Gallery and select Parent

Hi,

How do I select a record in the gallery I added?

I added a galley with "image, title subtitle and body", there was no "next arrow" icon, so I added it, for OnSelect in has "Select(Parent) in the code, when testing nothing happens. 

Do I need another screen to display result?

Also, when selecting "next arrow" icon, the mouse icon does not change.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@KT61 ,

Yes - all you do with selecting an item in a Gallery is make the property GalleryName.Selected refer to the record in the gallery you have chosen. So if you have a Form with the Item of this and the DataSource of the list, it will display the record

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

SectorOMEGA
Helper V
Helper V

As @WarrenBelz  has advised above you should have a gallery inserted. Then you address the item from it with YourGalleryName.Selected. If you havent renamed the gallery it should be Gallery.Selected If you have more galleries inserted then it should be with digit 1/2 etc. And in order to show the content of the item you should have Form somewhere to fill up the requested content 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@KT61 ,

Yes - all you do with selecting an item in a Gallery is make the property GalleryName.Selected refer to the record in the gallery you have chosen. So if you have a Form with the Item of this and the DataSource of the list, it will display the record

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @KT61 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Hi @WarrenBelz , Sorry did not get it working, i don't seem to have GalleryName.Selected in properties of  the gallery. Or  do i change ITEMS to ETS.Selected    "ETS" name of my data

SectorOMEGA
Helper V
Helper V

As @WarrenBelz  has advised above you should have a gallery inserted. Then you address the item from it with YourGalleryName.Selected. If you havent renamed the gallery it should be Gallery.Selected If you have more galleries inserted then it should be with digit 1/2 etc. And in order to show the content of the item you should have Form somewhere to fill up the requested content 🙂

Hi @KT61 ,

GalleryName is just a placeholder for your gallery name. The Item of your Form can be this (YourGalleryName.Selected) - but change to your gallery name. I am assuming here you have created a Form linked to the same data source as the gallery. If on a different screen, you also have to navigate to that screen OnSelect of the Gallery.

KT61
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @WarrenBelz @SectorOMEGA got it working, I was putting the name in incorrectly

Hi, Is it possible to add a ComboBox to YourGalleryName.Selected ?

I can get either of them to work ,by themselves ie. 

ComboBox13_3.Selected or Gallery3_2.Selected

but would like to have record displayed if gallery or combox box is selected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,041)