cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft russrimm
Microsoft

Gallery caching

I'm seeing some caching related issues with o365 user photos and other gallery items.  I have a gallery to gallery drill down of screens connected, and when I move back and forth between galleries, sometimes I see stale objects from the previous gallery - from text to the user's photo.  The photo usually resolves itself within less than a second but sometimes the text properties will stay from one gallery to the next. I have a Refresh when I do my ClearCollect, but do I need to have a refresh on every screen load?

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Gallery caching

Hi @russrimm 

If you are using collections to drive the Gallery Items then you would have to make sure the data source associated with the collection is refreshed

However, if your gallery is directly connected to the data source

example : Gallery Items property is Filter(datasource, StartsWith("Title",TextInput.Text)) then in this case the data source will auto update and no refresh is required

Collections are local data sourcs within your PowerApps and will not be auto refreshed

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

cwebb365
Level 10

I see same issue with photos etc. probably a safe bet to set the control to an icon of a person etc. when navigating off the screen so when you go back you see that while it loads a new one.
Microsoft russrimm
Microsoft

Thanks, how would that be accomplished?  Right now, it's an image and is set to Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.'E-mail').  If I set it to a user icon, how would I have it change to the photo once the user photo loads?  Would I need to set a timer to modify the image after the timer runs out or is there an easier way?

Thanks again

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @russrimm ,

Yes, you could use a Timer control to expand the waiting time.

Try this:

1)insert a people icon, insert an image

Set the people icon's Visible: If(IsBlank(a),true,false)

Set the image's Visible:If(!IsBlank(a),true,false)

2)insert a Timer control

Set the Timer control's Duration: 100     (waitting time)

OnTimerEnd: Set(a,1)

In this way, user will first view an icon and then view the image, which gives the app more waitting time.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,396)