cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lourenço
Frequent Visitor

Gallery choice column filter not working as intended

Hello.

I am building an app whose data source is a SharePoint list. On this SharePoint list i have a Choice column named "Estado" with 5 options to pick from (1st attached screenshot).

On my powerapps application i am employing a gallery and i was planning on filtering its shown items based on the value picked for the "Estado" column.

So, i put down a Combo Box "ComboBox1" and on its "items" property i wrote:

Choices('Gestão de Ordens de Produção'.Estado)

"Gestão de Ordens de Produção" being the name of my SharePoint list.

The problem is, when previewing the app, instead of getting the 5 intended choice values on the Combo box, i get 5 random numbers instead and i cant figure out why these show up instead (2nd attached screenshot). Am i doing something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Lourenço 

Ah ok, I'm not familiar with the workings of controls inside of Model-Driven apps, I do believe it is different though. In Canvas apps there's an option to select 'Edit' from the RHS menu and change the Primary and Search fields, ie

EddieE_0-1670292204100.png

Is this option available to you?

You could also try asking over in the DataVerse Forum where mostly Model-driven app designers hangout. The forum can be found here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Dataverse/bd-p/CDS_Apps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
EddieE
Super User
Super User

@Lourenço 

A couple of things to check / try:

1. Have you changed the name of this column? You can check a columns' actual name by going

List settings --> click on the column you are checking --> check the last part of URL matches the name of the

column you are checking

2. Seems these 'random numbers' are IDs of some sort. IDs come through when using the Choices() function from LookUp columns so unsure what's happening there

3. Try publishing your app and see if that shows your choices

4. Delete the ComboBox and start again

BTW, what type of app are you building?

- Canvas app

- SharePoint Integrated / Customised app

- Model-driven

- other

?

Hey Eddie.

1. I have confirmed and the column's actual name matches the one it has on the SharePoint list column. It also shows up at the end of the URL.

3. I have tried publishing the app but i still get the same issue

4. I have tried deleting the ComboBox and doing everything again. I get the same result but with different ID's this time.

I am building a Model-driven app

@Lourenço 

Ah ok, I'm not familiar with the workings of controls inside of Model-Driven apps, I do believe it is different though. In Canvas apps there's an option to select 'Edit' from the RHS menu and change the Primary and Search fields, ie

EddieE_0-1670292204100.png

Is this option available to you?

You could also try asking over in the DataVerse Forum where mostly Model-driven app designers hangout. The forum can be found here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Dataverse/bd-p/CDS_Apps

That option IS indeed available and it was the solution to my problem. When clicking on the edit button it said there were no fields on this control. I manually added the field "Value" and now the correct choice options show up on the ComboBox.

Thank you for your help

@Lourenço 

Nice work. It seems we both learnt something new with this problem 🙂

All the best!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,712)