cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MShelnutt
Helper IV
Helper IV

Gallery choice redirects to another page to edit?

Is it possible to select a gallery item and it redirect the user to another page for editing?

For example, lets say the user sees a gallery list and wants to select one for editing-

MShelnutt_1-1615921616092.png

Then when selected, it opens that particular item up on Screen 3 maybe in a edit form(?) and then they can save the changes back to SharePoint, and it redirects back to Screen 2 where the Gallery is and it is now updated.

Is this possible?  And if so, how.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MShelnutt
Helper IV
Helper IV

I found a video by Reza Dorrani that was perfect for this-

https://youtu.be/9gI9OscTLD0 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

This is possible. On gallery window Select(Parent);Navigate(EditScreen1). Same way on Edit screen Save and Navigate to Galley

@StalinPonnusamy when I save the EditForm, what is the formula for patching the current SharePoint record?

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Patch(Employee,
Defaults(Employee),
{Lookup:{'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Id:Gallery1.Selected.ID,
Value:Gallery1.Selected.Title}
}
)

@MShelnutt 

If you are in an EditForm, you will NOT want to Patch anything, you will want to SubmitForm

So, on your Edit Screen in the EditForm, set the Item property to: yourGalleryName.Selected

In the "save" that you have, put the following formula:  SubmitForm(yourFormName)

In the OnSuccess action of the Form, put the following: Back()

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
MShelnutt
Helper IV
Helper IV

I found a video by Reza Dorrani that was perfect for this-

https://youtu.be/9gI9OscTLD0 

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@MShelnutt 

It's fine, but his video highlight what not to do with multiple forms - Patch!!  When you use his method, you lose the functionality of the EditForm.  If you'd like to see how to do it properly and NOT lose the functionality of the form, then you can watch my video on the subject.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,981)