cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Gallery doesnt bring data from sharepoint list when is inside a edit form

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to show values from a data source with a gallery when I'm editing a record from another data source form in edit mode. I'll explain further: 

I have 2 sharepoint list, lets call it list1 and list2. In the list1 there is events which have several issues. In the list2 I have more detail about each issue with more data. 

So the workflow will work some like this:

Create an event1(issue1, issue2, issue3)

For each issue:

select employee

add tools used

The idea here is not repeat records issues in the list2, so I figured a way to do this by showing which issues where aleady edited with a gallery inside the edit form, but  when I'm trying to get the data from list 2 with id = form.id no data is reached (the gallery remains empty) with no message error.

In the gallery I use the follow line to filter the values matching with the id of the form:

Filter([@List2],ID = Value(DataCardValue4.Text))

I hope I have made myself understood

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Gallery doesnt bring data from sharepoint list when is inside a edit form

Hi @ccampagna ,

SharePoint IDs are capital, so if you have the ID number in DataCard4, this should work.

Filter(
   [@List2],
   ID=Value(DataCardValue4.Text)
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

Re: Gallery doesnt bring data from sharepoint list when is inside a edit form

Hi warren,

I mistyped in the question, but actually that part of the code its ok. I'll modify my question to avoid further confusions

I think what i'm missing here is the understanding of nesting a gallery inside of a form.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,354)