Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coopedup
Resolver II
Resolver II

Gallery filter stopped

Hi,

This is my first post (Hi!) and a question on my first app. 

I have a dashboard screen that has a search field and gallery with static values (All, Low and High) which drives the filter on my gallery record view.  I don't have an "All" status so if selected I filter only on the search text, if Low or High is selected then the filter is based on that status and search text.   This has stopped working and will no longer filter based on status values selected (only lists the full list). If I remove the search on the Risk ID field it will work, but this is a simple Sharepoint list text field (e.g. SOA 001, SOA 002 etc.). Any ideas?

If(
    RiskFilterChoice_2.Selected.Name = "All",
    Filter(
        'Risk Register - Trial',
        RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk ID' Or RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk Title'
    ),
    Filter(
        'Risk Register - Trial',
        RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk ID' Or RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk Title' And RiskFilterChoice_2.Selected.Name in 'Inherent Risk Rating' 
    )
)

"This function can be delegated but the selection formula used prevented the datasource from processing the query.It might not work correctly on large data sets and an incorrect result might be returned.The data row limit for non-delegable queries defined in the app settings is 2000."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Coopedup
Resolver II
Resolver II

Found a solution, but still unsure of what it worked then stopped. 

Added () around my two Or statements. 

If(
    Filter(
        'Risk Register - Trial',
        (RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk ID' Or RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk Title')
    ),
    Filter(
        'Risk Register - Trial',
        (RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk ID' Or RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk Title') And RiskFilterChoice_2.Selected.Name in 'Inherent Risk Rating' 
    )
)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Coopedup
Resolver II
Resolver II

Found a solution, but still unsure of what it worked then stopped. 

Added () around my two Or statements. 

If(
    Filter(
        'Risk Register - Trial',
        (RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk ID' Or RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk Title')
    ),
    Filter(
        'Risk Register - Trial',
        (RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk ID' Or RiskSearchBox_1.Text in 'Risk Title') And RiskFilterChoice_2.Selected.Name in 'Inherent Risk Rating' 
    )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,800)