cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArT1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Gallery filter using combobox multi-selections

I am trying to filter my gallery based of the multiselect values from a combobox. Every discussion I've come across that has been resolved I have tried applying the resolved method but still keep getting error. 

For context a candidate can have multiple skills and the gallery shows the list of candidates and their skills. I want to filter the gallery to show Candidates who maybe skilled in for e.g. both Welding and Mechanical engineering. So the gallery would filter down to Candidates whose specific skills come under those two choices. 

This is the code I have so far. Apart from the last choice field filtering the rest of the code works perfectly. Gallery filter error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArT1
Resolver I
Resolver I

I finally managed to find a method that worked. I used the following Youtube video to help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44j2VRbdWjk

Then I tweaked the code for the gallery visible property by adding:

IsBlank(Combobox.SelectedItems) || IsEmpty(Combobox.SelectedItems) || *Followed by the concat code shown in the youtube video*

This is what allowed me to show all the items within the gallery when the combobox has no value

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The trick here tends to be to convert the table to text by using the following

concat(table.column, Value, "; ")

That will result in a semicolon delimited string of values from the table.  Then you can use the in operator to check whether the value of the field in the item is in the string.  If they are both multivalue I'm not sure how you would do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

I've used the code before to separate the column values within the gallery however the gallery text always had the semicolon appear at the end so I used the following code :

With(
{wString: Concat(table.Column',Value & ", ")},
Left(wString, Len(wString)-2)
)

But the issue still persists. I had originally thought working with a Collection method would work but even then I still have some sort of error that effects the gallery display

ArT1
Resolver I
Resolver I

I finally managed to find a method that worked. I used the following Youtube video to help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44j2VRbdWjk

Then I tweaked the code for the gallery visible property by adding:

IsBlank(Combobox.SelectedItems) || IsEmpty(Combobox.SelectedItems) || *Followed by the concat code shown in the youtube video*

This is what allowed me to show all the items within the gallery when the combobox has no value

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,543)