cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dudditz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Gallery filtering on first value of Drop Down Filter instead of showing all

Hello, I have 3 drop downs configured as below.  These are used to filter my gallery.  Everything is working as expected however we require the gallery to start showing all items rather than filtering based upon the first value that is loaded within each drop down upon a screen start.  

This solution requires  the gallery to show all data as if no filters were applied when launchign the page.  From there you can begin to apply the filters as normal, filtering down from all data.  I would also like a method to reset the filters to get back to all items.  Any guidance on this would be appreciated.today.jpg

Dropdown1 Items

'SVC_Service Lines'

Dropdown 2 Items, filters from Dropdown1

Filter('SVC_Service Types', 'Service LineID' = SVLineDD.Selected.ID)

Dropdown3

SVC_Locations

Gallery

Filter(Search(SVC_Rates, RateSearch.Text, "crfb3_catalogid", "crfb3_ratename", "crfb3_servicetype", "crfb3_serviceline"), Location = LocationDD.Selected.Name, 'Service Line' = SVLineDD.Selected.Name, 'Service Type' = SVTypeDD.Selected.Name)

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dudditz ,

Do you want to if the Dropdown not select there is show all items in the Gallery?

I think you can try to add " " into Dropdown's items and when the seleted item is " ",shows all items in the gallery and when <>" ",filter the Gallery.

You can try the following workaround,I test as next.

Button2.OnSelect:ClearCollect(dropdownwithblank1,{SampleHeading:" "});Collect(dropdownwithblank1,CustomGallerySample.SampleHeading);ClearCollect(dropdownwithblank2,{SampleText:" "});Collect(dropdownwithblank2,CustomGallerySample.SampleText)

Dropdown1.Items:dropdownwithblank1.SampleHeading

Dropdown2.Items:dropdownwithblank2.SampleText

Gallery.Items:If(Dropdown1.Selected.SampleHeading <> " "&& Dropdown2.Selected.SampleText<>" ",Filter(CustomGallerySample,SampleHeading = Dropdown1.Selected.SampleHeading,SampleText=Dropdown2.Selected.SampleText),CustomGallerySample)

20190424DropDownWithBlank1.PNG

And on your side you can try this method to test.

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting in the community @Dudditz - can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,784)