cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCop93
Frequent Visitor

Gallery->Items and filtering by dropdown

Hi. I am struggling to connect two dropdown panel to the gallery to work properly

TCop93_0-1631556513514.png

My first dropdown Items code is

Sort(Distinct(IB_Input; Coverage); Result; Ascending)

My second dropdown Items code is 

Sort(Distinct(IB_Input; Sales_Play); Result; Ascending)

I am trying the following code in the Gallery Items, but the gallery shows empty box

Filter(IB_Input;Coverage=Dropdown_SalesPlay.Selected.Result; Sales_Play=Dropdown_Coverage.Selected.Result)

Any suggestions would be really helpful as this is the last thing to do for this app. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@TCop93 - Please make sure its "&&" in your filter query and compared types are correct.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ashwin7104
Super User
Super User

Hey @TCop93  - Please try below code

Filter(IB_Input;Coverage=Dropdown_SalesPlay.Selected.Result && Sales_Play=Dropdown_Coverage.Selected.Result)

@Ashwin7104  Thanks for the prompt response.

It works, but the exclamation marks appears in a sign. When testing the app, only some rows appear after dropdown option selection, not all. 

TCop93_0-1631557035411.png

Am I doing the cascading dropdown right like this? I saw some YT tutorials and some advices here and a lot of people are using isblank formula in the gallery items section, which is very different from what I've done. 

@TCop93 - Please make sure its "&&" in your filter query and compared types are correct.

It actually worked! Thank you 🙂

Not all the data showing as I have more than 2k records, need to find solutions for it now... 

@TCop93  - We must apply the delegation idea so that data is filtered in the data source and then fed into PowerApps. What's is the data type for Coverage and Sales Play? Is SharePoint being utilised as a data source?

TCop93
Frequent Visitor

@Ashwin7104  Unfortunatelly not SharePoint, but Excel... I am now moving to Sharepoint with all the data as, according to information I've found, PowerApps do not treat Excel as delegatable. Thus, the migration process is in place. It should work smoothly on SharePoint now.

Thank you for your support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,786)