Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlatFish
Helper II
Helper II

Gallery hiding my fields

Hi everyone,

I have access to a power app that was created before I started my position. I have full access to the data sets on sharepoint and the power app. Anytime I go to preview the app or press alt to preview it any items that are in the gallery disappear while in edit mode.

Should be noted that to use this app a user must log in on the initial page. That is my only thinking as to why I can't test and edit the power app properly.

If anyone has more information than I do that would be greatly appreciated as to why this happens.

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

@FlatFish What is value of the Items property of the Gallery?

@poweractivate How do I go about checking that? It says value type record if that's what I should be looking for.

Click the Gallery on Canvas, on upper left click the Property, select Items. Then say what formula is there.

poweractivate_0-1634822679586.png

ErinCannon
Resolver I
Resolver I

The only time I've seen information be hidden that you can see while editing the app and not when in play mode, is when you're looking at the form that has an item, but the current status of the form is in New, rather than in Edit.   I'm not sure if this is your issue since you're saying that the Gallery is doing this, but if it is actually a form, changing the form mode to edit.  This can be best done by adding the EditForm(formname); command to your record selector.

Bank_Account_Gallery.Selected

@FlatFish That looks like an Item property of some Form.

I want to know what is in the Items property of the Gallery.

In other words, what is in the Items property of Bank_Account_Gallery itself?

Or, are there multiple Galleries at play here?

I think this is what you are looking for. I am sorry I don't fully know what it is you're looking for. Thank you for being patient with me. There is also another dropdown called "acct_cat_5_dropdown" that is not in the gallery group and that is the only drop down that shows up when in preview mode. 

FlatFish_0-1634823458914.pngFlatFish_1-1634823477077.png

FlatFish_2-1634823494224.png

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FlatFish ,

Gallery has a 'Items' property. This property determines what the gallery displays.

So If your gallery 's Items has no value, when you preview the app or click on the Alt, the gallery displays nothing.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1634885493346.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Thank you for the response!

Oh I see. Yeah all it says is Bank_Account_Gallery.Selected in the items function like you showed above. I've tried changing it to Bank_Account_Gallery.AllItems or Bank_Account_Gallery.DisplayMode.View/Edit etc., but it hasn't changed anything.

Is there something it should be instead?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,151)