cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redTiger
Frequent Visitor

Gallery images not loading for some users

We built an app for a photo sharing contest, but a small number of users are reporting that the images aren't loading for them.  The main page of the app is a gallery that loads pictures from a SharePoint list (using a url for the picture, with the picture in a library on the same SharePoint site).  For most people, everything is loading correctly, but for some everything loads but the pictures.  We've tried different browsers, refreshing the app, clearing cache/cookies. 

The app is generally access via browser on a laptop, but seems to have a similar issue of images not loading via mobile as well.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @redTiger ,

Please have a read of this blog of mine on image storing and viewing. Towards the end, you will see the reference to mobile device issues. Happy to elaborate further.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @redTiger ,

Please have a read of this blog of mine on image storing and viewing. Towards the end, you will see the reference to mobile device issues. Happy to elaborate further.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @redTiger ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Thanks @WarrenBelz.  I did get it solved.  My flows were all fine and working, but the piece of your info on referencing thumbnails is what fixed it.  Rather than store the info in a list and reference the full size image via URL, I added the needed columns to the library and referenced the photos via thumbnails.  This both solved the problem and improved the overall loading times.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,802)