Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB0007
Helper IV
Helper IV

Gallery is not showing all items

Hi Power Apps community,

I have a SharePoint list with more than 4000 records. I have textbox were people can search on the name of the clients in the SharePoint List. I have increased the number of items to 2000 in the Advance Settings, but when I search some names I can't find anything. When I checked in the SharePoint List I can totally see those names in the list. Further, I get also the delegation warning that says that this function will not work on large datasets. 

Can anyone help me get all the items in my gallery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@JB0007 
Show your formula where the delegation warning is present.

The SEARCH function cannot be delegated in SharePoint.  The best workaround possible it to use the STARTSWITH function instead but it only partially solves the problem since it can be delegated but is not a true SEARCH. 

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@JB0007 
Show your formula where the delegation warning is present.

The SEARCH function cannot be delegated in SharePoint.  The best workaround possible it to use the STARTSWITH function instead but it only partially solves the problem since it can be delegated but is not a true SEARCH. 

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

Hi @mdevaney , thanks for the reply.

The delegation formula is this:

Search(RegDatabase, txtSearchName.Text,"Secondname" ,"Id","Entry_ID")

Do you think a Collection could also solve the problem? 

@JB0007 

Nope, a collection will only hold 2,000 rows.  This problem you are encountering is a classic issue when developing with SharePoint.

It does work with SQL and CDS but that costs more $$$

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,881)