cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Gallery is showing random [object object] in different columns and 1 column with date of birth is only showing the first 5 field

Hi

I have made a gallery and it shows in the column clientnumber  [object object]. I also get the same [object object] in the column interventies. It also shows only the first 5 records in de column date of birth.

My datasource is a sharepointlist. The clientnumber column is a textcolumn in the gallery and in the sharepointlist. The column interventies is in the gallery a textcolumn and in the datasource a choice column

The date of birth column is a date column

HELP!

Mariette

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Thanks for your help. Somehow Object object is solved. I don't know how but this morning it was gone and now the app works as it should be.

Gr. Mariette

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Mariette,

This sounds very strange. It almost sounds as though you set the properties of your gallery control incorrectly.

Can you confirm that you've set the Items property of gallery control to SharePoint list? If you could post a screenshot, that might help as well.

Hi

Yes it set to the right Sharepointlist. It patch to a different sharepointlist. Is it possible that it has to do with the my patch formula?

Mariette

Super User
Super User

Hmm - very strange.

[object object] would typically indicate that the data your are trying to display is complex/tabular rather than a simple text field.

Perhaps double check your data types in the list and also see if the text entries contain sets of braces { } (used to denote the start and end of a record) in case Power Apps is getting confused by their presence.

Hi

The column clientnumber is are number. and the column interventies is a lookup column.

Can you explain why the column date of birth is only showing the first 7 records?

Do I need to check in the patch formula if there are {}?

This is my code for patch. it is set on OnChange.

Concurrent(
If(
Gereed.Selected.Value = "Gereed";
Patch(
'Wachtlijst HOME team Lijnbaan';
Defaults('Wachtlijst HOME team Lijnbaan');
{
'Stauts aanmelding': Dropdown2.Selected.Value;
Geboortedatum: DateValue(Geboortedatum.Text);
Clientnummer: Clientnummer.Text;
'Datum aanmelding': DateValue(DatumAanmelding.Text);
Datumintake: DateValue(DatumIntake.Text);
'Intake gedaan door': {Value: "Intake"};
'Welk domein is geindiceerd': Domein.Text;
Interventie: Interventie.Text;
'Indien 2de interventie is geindiceerd': {Value: "Interventie2"};
Behandelingmetvoorrangstarten: BehandelingSpoed.Text;
'Umami of DBC': {Value: "UmamiDBC"};
Opmerking: InvoerOpmerking.Text;
'Komt in behandeling bij':BehandelingBij.SelectedText.Value;
Behandelaar: TextInput5.Text;
Regiebehandelaar: TextInput4.Text;Gereed:Gereed.SelectedText.Value
}
)
);
Notify(
"Vergeet niet eerst het secretariaat te mailen, voordat je op oplaan drukt. Na het opslaan wordt pt verwijderd van de wachtlijst";
NotificationType.Warning;
)
)

For the column clientnumber is set to Text: ThisItem.Clientnummer

For the column interventies is set to Text: ThisItem.Interventie

For the date of birth is set to Text: ThisItem.Geboortedatum

What makes it strange is that the gallery displays the first 7 rows in my gallery correct and then is showing in the column date of birth nothing and in the columns clientnumber and interventies [object object].

I have checked my sharepointlist. And the column is voor clientnumber is a single line text. The column interventies is also a single line text. In my form it is a lookup field. The choices wich the user can select are form a different list.

Hi @Mariette 

To diagnose this, I would add the data source for your gallery to a collection.

Here's the formula that you can add to a button:

ClearCollect(
   colData;
   Filter('Aanmelden HOME-team Lijnbaan' ;
          StartsWith(Clientnummer;Zoeken.Text)
   )
)

If you then inspect colData through the File > Collections menu item, does the data look correct?

Hi Thanks for your help. Somehow Object object is solved. I don't know how but this morning it was gone and now the app works as it should be.

Gr. Mariette

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,945)