cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhovanny
Helper I
Helper I

Gallery item display logic

Currently, I have a list of products where each product is classified by "Kind" (A, B, and C) and its respective value, the intention is that the client places the maximum value that he can pay in the numerical entry "Limit" and in the product gallery shows you a product by type respecting the maximum value.

Jhovanny_2-1642602707021.png

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jhovanny 

You will just need to filter your gallery by that limit.

I am not sure of your current Items property for the Gallery, but assuming there is an Amount column, then your Items property would be similar to this formula:

Filter(yourData, Amount <= Value(yourLimitEntryInput.Text))

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Jhovanny
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @RandyHayes 

The filter by price is the one I currently have, which represents the current scenario, where the gallery shows me the products:

A

$ 6.000

A

$ 5.000

B

$ 4.000

But it does not take into account the condition of showing a product in the gallery for each of the types: A, B and C.

I would like the gallery, in addition to filtering by price, to show me a product of each type:

A

$ 6.000

B

$ 4.000

C

$ 2.800

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jhovanny 

This is a brain tickler!!  As I saw the logic I recalled that we went over some of this in this post from last month.

I realize in looking at that post that I never concluded it with you.

Is what you are trying now related to that logic in that post?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Jhovanny
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @RandyHayes 

If it is strongly related to that post.

I appreciate your time and help with this logic, since in my company I'm implementing an application and I need to apply that logic.

I'm very thankful for your help

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jhovanny 

Okay...so I've been reading and re-reading that post to try and determine not only where we left off, but also what you are trying to achieve.

I believe that I need to still understand you logic on this statement and picture:

"Assuming that the user filters in the range 275 USD - 500 USD and taking into account the different cases, it would apply for case 3 and show:
2 type B products and 1 type C product
"

RandyHayes_0-1642614045864.png

So, I am trying to apply your previous logic to what you are stating now.  Has something changed now in relation to your case conditions before?  Before you were having the user select a range from min to max, and now it seems you are just concerned over max?  

I'd like to be able to wrap up our last conversation on this and this post as well.  But, I am concerned that the relationship is different.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,309)