cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinav
Super User
Super User

Gallery item edit brings up WRONG item!

I have had many occasions where when a gallery item (sharepoint list) is selected for edit in a form, when the app navigates to the form, the data is there, and it appears to "POP" like a refresh, and a totally different gallery item appears in the form!  If I back out of the form, then select the gallery item a second time, it appears to come in fine.  This is a serious problem, because it is not 100% repeatable, so it doesnt appear to be a coding problem.  Plus, this form has worked for several months previous.

A similar, but related problem... I have seen data in these fields "pop" to different values AFTER submission, prior to navigating back to the gallery screen.  When I check the item edited, it looks like the values are correct.  However, also seeing the other issue, and reading a comment made in another post, I'm not convinced that some data was changed in some other item.  I have too many items to know how to check for that.  But, if there is data being written in other items, there is a serious "system down" situation here.

I am already having issues with undefined "Server Errors" that I have been trying to get support for.  MS PA support has not gotten back with me for over 7 days after submitting a ticket.  I submitted another ticket yesterday, because I'm absolutely desparate!

I need some help here, big time.

22 REPLIES 22
JMAFO
Helper V
Helper V

FYI - this issue still exists. Just had to create a global variable to fix it. 

Thanks for this, @Anonymous 

For Information, this issue still persist (1/13/2021), I am using the conRecord method detailed by shaneOz to deal with it. 
The only problem is because the screen i am displaying has multiple textboxes, some of it inherits the value Parent.Default, but some of them refers to Gallery.selected , which i have to now individually modify to use conRecord. 

As @martinav mentions, i don't want to be married to this, having to know all of the idiosyncrasies of this tool, when it should simply work. The compartmentalized design of powerapps itself is already confusing enough since codes are scattered all over the properties of each control, and not having used powerapps for months, i struggle having to understand why and where i may have hidden a global variable and what i intended it for. 

Having to fix things that breaks automagically with no reason and rhyme is very troublesome. Please fix this. 

ryule
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This issue still persists. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,756)