cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gallery item selection is not working

Hello.

I'm constantly experiencing issues wih a gallery.

I made a simple gallery, once an item is selected it is navigated to another site.

Here I added a label with Gallery.Selected.Field - this turns out to be wrong 50% of the times when I randomly click a gallery item. I've seen this is a common erorr on the forums, anyone who has a fix for this?

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Are you clicking on the gallery item itself or a field/card within the gallery item?  Since each gallery item consists of multiple fields its difficult to make sure what you are clicking on.  That'sone of the reasons why all the MS examples include a specific ICON that is used to select the item and navigate to the next form.  Which control or controls are you adding your onSelect formula to?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 wrote:

Are you clicking on the gallery item itself or a field/card within the gallery item?  Since each gallery item consists of multiple fields its difficult to make sure what you are clicking on.  That'sone of the reasons why all the MS examples include a specific ICON that is used to select the item and navigate to the next form.  Which control or controls are you adding your onSelect formula to?

Hello, I am using an arrow as icon. I fixed this by setting a global variable, once clicking on one item and use the variable on the next page.

But still a wierd error, you can't count on "Gallery.Selected" to be precise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,075)