cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Gallery items are overlapping in Play mode

Hi there,

My app contains a flexible height gallery which has been tested in Edit mode and everything looks perfect.

However, when I play the app, the gallery items are overlapping if my app is up on my second screen (which is much wider than my laptop screen).

Just raising this issue because it might be related to the "Improved app rendering" setting. If I turn it off, the gallery looks ok on both screens, but there are some small things that do not behave the way they should be (e.g. border line styles not showing up anymore, hover fill colors change, etc). I am ok with turning the app rendering off for now, but it would be good if the PowerApps team could look into this issue and improve the product.

Many thanks,

Adriana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Gallery items are overlapping in Play mode

@v-yutliu-msft My issue is not related to formulas. 

Later edit: wait, I think I know why you mentioned about the Navigate formula. When I said "second screen" I meant my second monitor. I have a laptop and a monitor 🙂  And the problem is related to playing the app on this second monitor where the gallery items are overlapping due to rendering.

But I found out that locking the aspect ratio from settings would fix the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adriana_G ,

Could you show me your formulas about navigate?

I've made a similar test but not found the same problem like your description.

Here's my formula about navigete:

Navigate(Screen2,None)

Please note that the second variable will effect the way how to navigate.

Here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-navigate

What's more, please try to clean your browser's cache and update it to the latest version.

About the situation that you describe, I will report it to my product team.

If tnere's any improvent about it, I will reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@v-yutliu-msft My issue is not related to formulas. 

Later edit: wait, I think I know why you mentioned about the Navigate formula. When I said "second screen" I meant my second monitor. I have a laptop and a monitor 🙂  And the problem is related to playing the app on this second monitor where the gallery items are overlapping due to rendering.

But I found out that locking the aspect ratio from settings would fix the issue.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,401)