cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanCampbell
Helper I
Helper I

Gallery listing of sharepoint list of users who created the entry

Hi, I'm trying to create a Gallery to lsit items by the person that created the entry.  I'm trying to show in the list the field "Created By" which is a "person or group" field in sharepoint and records the persion who created the entry.  If I create a new colum in the sharepoint and make is person or group, I can show this entry by using

ThisIten.Member.DisplayName

When the column is named Member, I have tried to use

ThisItem.Created_0020x_.DisplayName

But this does not work, can anyone advise what I am doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi AlanCampbell,

If you are trying to show the user who created the item on a gallery list, please consider to use:
ThisItem.Author.DisplayName

On the EditForm screen, we could know that the filed name of the Created By column is Author. So we should use the name “Author” instead of name “Created By”.

3.PNG

Please try it on your side. If I misunderstand you, please feel free correct me.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi AlanCampbell,

If you are trying to show the user who created the item on a gallery list, please consider to use:
ThisItem.Author.DisplayName

On the EditForm screen, we could know that the filed name of the Created By column is Author. So we should use the name “Author” instead of name “Created By”.

3.PNG

Please try it on your side. If I misunderstand you, please feel free correct me.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks that worked a treat

Hi AlanCampbell,

Thanks for updating.

Glad to hear that it works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,145)