cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vincentSala
Frequent Visitor

Gallery missing items

Dear community members,

I would appreciate some help with my gallery. The formula Items=GalleryDisPo.Selected.palletInspects used to work fine.

But not anymore. Now, data is not even picked in the formula window.

Switching off "Explicit column selection" has no effect.

Some research popped up a render option in settings, but I am not able to find. I suppose it is not available any more. Correct??

GalleryPalletInspect.png

Thanks in advance for your time.

Do not hesitate asking for any additional information you may need.

Vincent

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@vincentSala 

Yes, so you'll need a Filter formula in that Items property of the second gallery!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

@vincentSala ,

Judging the infos you provided, most probably the poid column form palletInspects table is a lookup column linked to po table. In this case, the suitable formula for the Items property in the your GalleryPalletInspect should be:

Filter(
       palletInspects,
       poid.poCd = GalleryDisPo.Selected.poCd
       )

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@vincentSala 

I would take a look at the GalDispPo to determine where the problem is.  According to your description, it is not returning anything, so I would look at the Items property on that gallery to find the source of the problem.

If you are not able to determine it, please provide the Items property for that gallery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Hi Randy,

Your quick response is very much appreciated.

GalleryDisPo Item=Sort(pos,departDate,Descending)

OnSelect=false

Selectable=true

Not really sure if the formula window should be showing all the records in that entity/table.

GalleryDisPo.png

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Vincent

Hi again Randy,

Looking at the formula window on GalleryPalletInspect, looks like working fine. It returns the selected item in GalleryDisPo.

GalleryPalletInspectDisPo.png

Thanks

Vincent

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@vincentSala 

So, your main gallery is using the pos list and your other gallery is using the PalletInspects of that list.  So what is that column?

Hi again,

If I change GalleryPalletInspect Item=palletInspects, the whole records appear!!!!

GalleryPalletInspectItem=palletInspects.png

Thanks

Vincent

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@vincentSala 

Well you obviously want the selected information from the main gallery, but what is palletInspects?

Hi Randy,

po is the parent entity and palletInspect is the child with a 1-N relationship.

powerappsDataStructure.png

Thanks

Vincent

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@vincentSala 

I'm a little rusty on the DataVerse side of things, but I believe you want to have your second Gallery filter the PalletInspections list by the po selected in the main gallery. 

Hi Randy,

You are correct, my target is filtering the PalletInspections list by the po selected in the main gallery.

Thanks

Vincent

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,749)