cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDJHUD
Regular Visitor

Gallery navigate to display view screen

So, I created a new Canvas App. I am using a CDS table as my data source. I created all of the necessary columns in my table to store my data.  I added 2 dummy records to my data.  I have created 3 screens; 1 with my Gallery to view and select my records, 1 screen that I created a "display" form on, and 1 screen that I will create an "edit" form on.  My problem is that in my gallery screen I have added the gallery and it populates the records.  But, I can't figure out how to link the arrow so that when I click on that particular record it will navigate to the display screen (or later the edit screen) and populate the screen with the rest of that records data to view.  I assume I have to change the OnSelect property of the arrow but I can't figure out the syntax to put in to get it to send that records data to the display screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JayMagness
Super User
Super User

Hi,

this is a two part process:

first create the from and where you attached the table in the items field put [Table name].Selected

Then on the arrow put in the onselect statement put Navigate([formname])

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JayMagness
Super User
Super User

Hi,

this is a two part process:

first create the from and where you attached the table in the items field put [Table name].Selected

Then on the arrow put in the onselect statement put Navigate([formname])

View solution in original post

@RDJHUD 

I would change @JayMagness 's suggestion for the ">" icon inside the gallery's OnSelect property should be
Navigate(screen2,None); EditForm(Form1)

Likewise you will need a way to add a new record to your table.  I suggest adding a "+" icon outside of the gallery with the OnSelect as Navigate(screen2,None); NewForm(Form1).

The above assumes that your edit form is on screen2 and is named Form1.  I generally don't use the display form control much because you can change the display mode of an edit form by using the function ViewForm(Form1) and it makes the form look like a view form.  

@JayMagness Thanks, that was the simple fix and it did work.  Much appreciated! 

Randy

@Drrickryp Thanks for the additional information, I'll consider this as I progress my project along.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (86,474)