cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russrimm1
Helper II
Helper II

Gallery navigation buttons

I've got a gallery full of survey questions.  Each question has a different type of answer - freetext, numeric, multiple choice, single choice, etc.  I'm having problems figuring out when the user is done answering multiple choice questions.  They'll use the out-of-the-box navigation button to jump to the next question.  AFAIK the out of the box gallery navigation buttons don't have an OnSelect I could use to determine they've moved on to the next question so I know to write the previous one (a multichoice) to the collection.  i'm thinking there may be some way to accomplish this (without making my own navigation buttons) by looking at the gallery.visibleindex but not sure yet if that's best.  

1 REPLY 1

@russrimm1 The Gallery itself has OnSelect property - and also the out of the box NextArrow icon that is inside the Gallery has its own OnSelect as well. The NextArrow icon one usually has the OnSelect property set to the formula of Select(Parent) by default. This tells that Icon, when selected, to set the current record (row) of that Gallery as Selected, and then ultimately tells the Gallery to also update its Selected property, while also triggering the OnSelect property of the parent Gallery itself as well. If you want to have the button inside the Gallery row do something custom rather than the default behavior, you can modify the OnSelect function of the inner control inside the Gallery. Make sure to keep Select(Parent) inside of there as the very last statement or something like that if you want the button to still select the Gallery item and do the stuff it does by default in addition to your custom stuff. If for some reason you don't want it to select the Gallery item when pressed or do the default behavior - then you'd want Select(Parent) taken out actually and only your custom stuff there.

Check if above might help as starting point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,147)