Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Gallery not refreshing data after patch

Hello,

I have a gallery that we use a barcode scanner to pull a single item from a gallery, then a button to patch to that order to increase by 1. I am having issues now as it scales where the Gallery does not update. I have a separate button where it refreshes the datasource (SQL server view), but my button that fills then refreshes the data source and clearcollects the collection is not updating!

here is my button code:

Patch('[dbo].[CPCOrderFinal]',First(Filter('[dbo].[CPCView]',ID=GalleryOrders.Selected.ID)),{Filled: DataCardValue4 + 1, User:User().FullName, date:Now()});Refresh('[dbo].[CPCOrderFinal]');ClearCollect(colorders,Filter('[dbo].[CPCView]',Gallery3.Selected.ShipID=ShipID));Reset(BarcodeScan)

Anyone have any ideas how I can correct this issue? Very urgent.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Gallery not refreshing data after patch

Hi @Pseifert ,

Firstly, please check whether your data has beeen updated successfully to SQL Server.

If not, then the problem shoule be about your patch function.

If yes, that means that your SQL Server table did not refresh.

Here's a issue about how to speed up refreshing data of SQL Server for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Refresh-SqL-database-taking-ages/m-p/261519

What's more, someone has met the similar issue. He said that make the app smaller will help.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Power-Apps-SLOW/m-p/240902#M70666

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

The data is pushed to my Sql server tables, the gallery is not refreshing the change after patch. The patch, refresh, and clearcollect are assigned to the same button. It seems to refresh but the gallery is not reflecting it. Is there any way to scale so that this problem does not occur? I only pull in records based on the ID that is currently being worked on.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Mine intermittently does this too. I stuck a Refresh and Collect in a a popup with a timer - OnTimerEnd it refreshed and collects. 

I had trouble replicating it to be sure, but it seemed that even a second Collect on its own would suffice.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like powerapps changed something with the refresh a few months ago. The behavior I see is similar to this but much worse.

Refreshing shortly after a patch does not ever work. It only works when the refresh is not executed in the same block of code as the Patch or SubmitForm.

Strange because everything used to work properly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,258)