cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gallery not returning searches consistently or before timing out dependent on Office 365 details

Hi All,

On all my PowerApp I was using the forumla below to return the correct applicable details of an individual dependent on their office365 account email address comparing to the same email address in the list and the most recently created. This was working fine up until a week ago.

Now the filter on the gallery has no error messages but will not return any details or if it does can take up to 3 minutes (this is very sporadic if happens). The amount of data held in the lists are roughly 1000 items, so yes reasonably large, however this worked within 10 seconds a week ago. Furthermore, on lists which only have a few items the same issue is happening, so I don't think its down to volume of entries. I have reattached the Office365 account and re-entered the formula with no luck...

I am unsure what could have caused it. 

SortByColumns(Filter(DSE,Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail in Lower(EmployeeEmailAddress)),"Created",Descending)

Can somebody please help? This is a live system that has now broken.

Many Thanks,

Laura

6 REPLIES 6
Andy_Tuke
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

It sounds like you've got issues with the delegation limit.  More than 500 items in the source and you'll only ever get that many returned.  You can change the limit under App Settings\Experimental Features\Data Row Limit ...

It can go up to 2000.  Otherwise you need to write your filters in such away that the query can be delegated.  With User lookups, since they're complex data types that might not be an option.  Alternatively, you can pull the data into a local collection and then run much more complex filters there. 

Andy

Andy
Read my new blog at -
www.powerappssolution.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your message. Thing is I only want to return one item (there is only one relevant data for each individual) so I am only asking the gallery to return that single entry?

Like I said, what's strange is it worked fine a week ago, with the same amount of data in the list.

Thanks Andy,

Laura

Its not how many you want to return, but how many its querying to find that one item.  If you have over 500, it will only check the first 500 in the data source so if the row you want isnt in that 500 then it will get missed.  I'm not sure how it chooses which 500, its not clear from the documentation, so whether its the first 500 by ID or just random I dont know

Andy
Read my new blog at -

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

I made the changes you suggested and no improvement unfortunately.

I raised the limit up to 1500 and it still will not load.

Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Laura

As a quick thing to try, put a label in the app somewhere with the Text set to Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail just to confirm the form of the result is what you are expecting

Andy
Read my new blog at -

Mdorrani
Advocate I
Advocate I

The “IN” operation is not a delegable operation if sharepoint is your data source
Yoh will have to modify your query to make sure only delegable operations are performed

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-list

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,554)