cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aread62127
Regular Visitor

Gallery not showing/recognising Image from SharePoint List

Hi All,

I have added a Gallery to Power Apps connecting to my sharePoint list. I cant seem to find a way to display the image for each SharePoint item. I have tried to add the 'Image' field but it doesnt find it. Ive also tried to add a Hyperlink/Picture column but it wont display the image in Power Apps.

Is there another way around this? as each list item has a unique picture.

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The image column type in SharePoint is currently not supported by the SharePoint connector.  It is on the roadmap and was due to be released in December, 2021, but I haven't seen it as completed yet.  The two workarounds I've seen is to store the image in a Document library and include the url in the list or store the base64 string representation of the image in the list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

Thanks for the quick reply. I did add a Hyperlink/Picture column and added the link to the document in the library in there, but it wont display the picture in Power Apps when I add that field. Is that the right field or a way to display the picture in Power Apps?

Hi @Aread62127 ,

This blog of mine may be useful to you.

NZ94
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Aread62127 , Store your image in SP Document Library and use this code in your Image Property. 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

edit: There's one more solution, if the data connected is in SP list then probably you can attached the picture as "Attachment" and use the code below:-

First(ThisItem.Attachments).Value

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Aread62127 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,603)