cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccancino
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gallery of images disappearing after refreshing datasource, deleting, or, adding images

I have a gallery which has a filter that displays certain images but when I delete, add, or refresh the datasource all images disappear except the first one/top one. I can see them again once I leave that screen and come back to it. I tried debugging it and it works fine when there is no filter just plain datasource, refresh, delete, and add.

5 REPLIES 5
Andy_Tuke
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

I've had similar issues and I've simply put it down to a bug.  In my experience I've found that having the gallery set to not just the vanilla datasource name, but having filter, sorts etc prevents it but it sounds like thats not the case for you.  I'd be interested to know of the MS support guys on this forum have any input

Andy
Read my new blog at -
www.powerappssolution.com

mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ccancino,

It sounds like you have a gallery that has a filter. Upon performing any action on the datasource, you see a graphical error. 

I would like to know a few details if you can share them:

• what what type of gallery this is: horizontal, vertical, flexible-height
  • what controls are inside the gallery?
  • what is your formula for the TemplateSize of the gallery?
  • would you be able to share a screenshot before and after the action?
Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

Gladly,

1. This is a vertical gallery

2. For controls, label, icon, rectangle, and image

3. TemplateSize, I did'nt even touch but its this: Min(160, Gallery1.Height - 60)

4. Before and after images are after a refresh 

And yes it does have a filter. Also I am using powerbi integration but not as my datasource. For my datasource I am connected to a sql table. Thanks!

mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Clarification: what is the formula in the Items property of your gallery?

If it is directly tied to the SQL table:

Filter(dbo.sqltable,column=control)

then I would monitor your DTU usage in SQL. When you perform an action on the table, what % of your DTUs does it consume to reload the table? I'm wondering if it's timing out on you due to hitting a limit.

I am trying to replicate this and will get back to you.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

I also thought it was the formula but I tried different things still the same. The formula is

Filter('[dbo].[mixed_domain_upload]', mixed_domain_notes_id = Notes.Selected.id)

it use to be 

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue3_1),Filter('[dbo].[mixed_domain_upload]', user_id = CurrentUser && entity_id = First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).PWA_Key && mixed_domain_notes_id = 0),Filter('[dbo].[mixed_domain_upload]', mixed_domain_notes_id = Notes.Selected.id))

I am not familiar with DTU so not sure how I would check the %. I am using sql server management studio 2016.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,548)