cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerrificTerri
Resolver II
Resolver II

Gallery or a Table

Okay here is my scenerio.  I have a Service Ticket (SP List).  Each Ticket has a Technician (Technician is assigned on the SP Service Ticket List).  Each Technician has various equipment assigned to them (All equipment has it's own SP List, with Assigned to).  I need to be able to collect most of all the values from all of these lists to populate another list for a completed form.  The technicain will change depending on the customer, but the equipment should be binded to the Technician.

My question is, what is the best way to collect this information?  In nested galleries? Or is it better using a data table, and is that is the better approach, any documentation you can help with would be awesome!

1 REPLY 1
DavesTechTips
Super User
Super User

I prefer to use galleries as they are more customizable.

If you need to do lookups to other datasources to get the information, also consider using collect to bring all the lookup values to the device (if it is not too big, but usually lookup tables like technicians aren't), to speed up the lookup functions on the gallery. Remember that each item on the gallery will generate a lookup for each value that you want to display form another list.

Using AddColumns could also work to merge the data into on collection on the local device. The Lookup is then specified as the new column's expression.

Let me know if you don't come right.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,140)