cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Gallery scrolling is my last outstanding issue with Improved Rendering

I have been exploring the quirks of scrolling my gallery under improved rendering.

On the desktop in Chrome: Using the scroll wheel on my mouse, each 'click' (rotation) of the scroll wheel moves the gallery view by a slight amount, as expected. However every second or third turn of the scroll wheel seems to cause the gallery to bring in more data, making its total height longer, and causing the scrollbar on the right to seemingly refactor where it should be - again all as expected, except the very next scroll seems to be wildly unpredictable - jumping several rows.

This is all magnified when, in normal use, you deliberately scroll down multiple lines. The overall scroll is jumpy and feels disjointed from the number of times I've turned the scroll wheel. Then when you see the item you want and stop scrolling, the view invariably does one last jump in another direction before you have chance to click.

On the mobile app, Android: Scrolling only ever works less than the total height of the screen before it hangs for up to a second (in other words you touch and drag to scroll but you can't smoothly scroll even one page worth). You usually have to let go, and touch and scroll again to get futher down the gallery.

It strikes me that the issues are in some way related to whatever goes on when PowerApps dynamically loads data as you scroll. This issue doesn't exist in Classic Rendering.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: Gallery scrolling is my last outstanding issue with Improved Rendering

One more quirk that I think is related: if you turn on the navigation buttons and set it to scroll just 1 item at a time, again it starts jumping after 2 or 3 successful scrolls - suddenly it jumps 2, and it continues in this manner, alternating between single and double item scrolling.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dave,

Can you clarify if this is the same app you shared with me previously? 

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Yes @mr-dang, same app.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dave, we're tracking this issue as #90716266. Can you confirm that indeed toggling off improved app rendering resolves the issue? 

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thank you!

I can confirm, having just saved a copy of the app with improved rendering off, the problem goes away.

I've attached a screenshot that might hopefully offer some insight.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@davidstone

Clarification: as you're scrolling through the app, are you clicking any controls in the gallery or interacting with it in any other way besides scrolling?

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

No interaction, just scrolling.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,027)