Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommy250
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gallery search /filter limitations quantity

Hi 

Currently building an app for a customer who wants 60 columns in an overview screen, I will use a scrollable gallery using containers. However, the customer wants to be able to search/filter the gallery on any of the 60 columns. To achieve this I will use a button to view or hide which will increase or decrease the height of my gallery container.

So my question is, are there limitations on the amount of search/filters I can apply to a gallery. My concern is the size of the formula required for 60 search/filters, with some being free text but most being dropdowns or combo boxes (for the multiple select option) all to be multi-select filters for branch filtering.

Kudos to @RezaDorrani for the left and right scrollable gallery.

Thanks in advance 

Tommy 

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @tommy250 ,

I can tell you from experience that if the data set numbers in the gallery are of any reasonable size (200+), even if the source is a collection, the time taken to resolve the filter with any more than 5-6 options can be considerable. Using 60, I think they could make a cup of coffee including boiling the water waiting for the result on any one of them.

tommy250
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks @WarrenBelz for your response. This is what I thought, appreciate the confirmation .

Tommy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,661)