cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gallery text flow not working correctly

Please see the attached. In all gallery items except the top entry (the one that you can edit when creating a gallery), the text flow splits words from line to line. This occurs regardless of text justification, font size, style etc.

Occurs across all apps I have worked on. Using Internet Explorer 11. No access to other browsers unfortunately owing to company restrictions. Can someone please assist? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Gallery text flow not working correctly

One thing you can try.  Replace the actual text field in the gallery control with a textbox and change the textbox mode to Multiline instead of Single. See if that helps with the wordwrap.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Lack of hyphenation support is a known issue for PowerApps.  I have never seen an effective workaround.  There is an open idea in the suggestions forum dealing with this.  You can vote on it here.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Hyphenation-open-on-wrap/idi-p/128698

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 Thanks for the quick response. By 'hypenation', I presume you're referring to the text tendency to split from line to line, which is usually accompanied by hyphenation?

In this case, I haven't manually entered any hyphenation (I'm not sure if Im supposed to/whether MS code reads line splits as hyphens) and find it peculiar that the words do not split in the first row/column of a gallery, but only in subsequent rows?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

By hyphenation I mean that PowerApps doesn't use a dictionary to determine where to split words when doing a Wordwrap in a multi-line textbox. I'm not talking about manual hyphenation. I suspect the difference between the first row and other rows is because PowerApps expects textboxes to be single line.  When you go to multiple lines they treat wordwrap differently.  As I said, its a known issue and I'm not aware of a workaround.  Words will split at strange places at the ends of lines in multi-line textboxes.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks for clarifying-that makes a bit more sense now 🙂  I've flagged this as an issue (for what it's worth).

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

One thing you can try.  Replace the actual text field in the gallery control with a textbox and change the textbox mode to Multiline instead of Single. See if that helps with the wordwrap.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Makles sense as a workaround but still needs to be fixed ideally! Appreciate the help though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,230)