cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodney
Frequent Visitor

Gallery to update table on BOX shared location

I have a shopping cart and creating an order captured in GALLERY2 and would like that entire list of lines to be added to my BOX location called TABLE2. All the while capturing the top items filled in from the top section of my order form,

The top section is working fine when the PLACE ORDER button is selected. im not sure how to add the GALLERY2 items to the corresponding fields in by table.

14 REPLIES 14

I'm pretty sure that the problem with your statement is in the portion that I highlighted in Orange last time... that "GalleryCategory" field.

If the field underlying the data you want to capture/collect is called "Category", then you'd need:

Gallery.Selected.Category

...and if that doesn't work, put a period after "Category" and see if it wants you to drill down further.

...and if that doesn't work, post back with a screenshot of your formula so we can see where the red indicator is.

Rodney
Frequent Visitor

I am sending doc with the print screen of the formula.

Rodney
Frequent Visitor

Getting alot closer. Per your suggestion I added a period to see what it was expecting and I added TEXT. to each of the gallery1 items,.  No errors in the formula anymore AND I get a single line of the gallery added to by table2 on BOX. 

see attachment.  

Question is how do I get ALL lines from that gallery over to my table2 on the shared drive?

Rodney
Frequent Visitor

Do you have a recommendation on my last question?

Sorry, @Rodney... I'd lost track of this conversation. Thank you for recalling it to my attention.

Each field from the Gallery will need to be explicitly written to your datasource, probably with a Patch() statement.

So far you have spoken in terms of a Collect() statement... that gathers information into a Table, but that is a volatile table only available during the PowerApps session where the App is running... that is not your BOX datasource table.

So you will need to explicitly Collect() every field from the Gallery as required so that they are available once you are ready to do your Patch() statement, or you will have to use Patch() directly to reference each field in the Gallery and declare where they should map in your BOX table (could skip the whole Collect() process if you really didn't need it).

One thing to remember is that Collect() can get the entire record out of your Gallery at once. Then Patch() can refer to the individual fields as necessary.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,621)