Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Gallery values are wrong when concurrent use

I have a simple gallery with the Item-property set to:
Search(SortByColumns(Tabel2;"Achternaam";Ascending;"Voornaam";Ascending);GlobalGroepNaam;"Groep")

One of the fields of an item in the Gallery is a number field called Saldo. It’s displayed.

The objective of the app is to decrease or increase the Saldo by pressing a specific button.
I have opened the app on two screens (concurrent users).
When I press a button on screen1 (user1) it works fine. The Saldo is updated in the database (a sharepoint list) and the value is adjusted on the Gallery .
However, no update of the Gallery on screen2 (user2). I understand that because there is no refresh of the screen. But when I close the screen (go back) and reopen it the value is still the same. So it seems that the Gallery does not go to the database to fetch the current data.

Does anyone experience the same? Is there a solution?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Gallery values are wrong when concurrent use

Hi @RonHappel 

the only solution to this problem is to refresh the table you are using.

you can use a timer to refresh it automatically every x seconds:

Set the Duration of the timer to 5000 (5 seconds), set Repeat to True and set Autostart to True. Then set the OnTimerEnd to Refresh("tablename") and it will automatically refresh your data every 5 seconds.

You can also set Refresh("tablename") when you navigate to the screen in which the gallery is located.

I hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @RonHappel 

The issue here is with the refresh of the datasource. Even if you navigate back to the same screen, this wont update the values until the data source is updated. To make this work in such Realtime process, you can add a timer control with below configuration:

Timer:
AutoStart: true
Repeat: true
Visible: false
Auto-Pause: true
OnTimerStart: Refresh(DataSourceName)
Duration: 1000 (per second)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @RonHappel 

the only solution to this problem is to refresh the table you are using.

you can use a timer to refresh it automatically every x seconds:

Set the Duration of the timer to 5000 (5 seconds), set Repeat to True and set Autostart to True. Then set the OnTimerEnd to Refresh("tablename") and it will automatically refresh your data every 5 seconds.

You can also set Refresh("tablename") when you navigate to the screen in which the gallery is located.

I hope this will help you.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @RonHappel 

The issue here is with the refresh of the datasource. Even if you navigate back to the same screen, this wont update the values until the data source is updated. To make this work in such Realtime process, you can add a timer control with below configuration:

Timer:
AutoStart: true
Repeat: true
Visible: false
Auto-Pause: true
OnTimerStart: Refresh(DataSourceName)
Duration: 1000 (per second)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi Guys,

This is it! Thanks very much. 

I've tested it and it works fine.

Once again thanks, Ron

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,663)