cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Gateway stopped showing up for me

I created a gateway a few weeks ago and our PowerBI users have been using it. This week, I discovered PowerApps and started playing around building power apps. I was able to see my gateway and connect to data on premises to build a few apps. One queries a Sharepoint List, the other queries a SQL Server table.

The apps published and work for me, so I shared one with a colleague to demonstrate. He got errors on launch and was unable to get it to load. I went to look at the gateway and can no longer see it from the Powerapps web view, or under manage gateways in PowerBI.

When I log into the Gateway Server and open On Premises Data Gateway, it says my gateway is all setup, but when I log in, it says "Gateway was not found. Pleast try to reconfigure the gateway." I noticed there was an update and applied that, restarted the service and still have the same issue. Other PowerBI users are able to use this gateway. Other gateway administrators can log in and see status on the gateway server, but I cant.  My apps still work for me, but I cant make new data connections, and it seems that I cant share these apps for others to use. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Gateway stopped showing up for me

Another Update....

Went to lunch, rebooted. Came back and everything is back to normal. 
I know we do some pretty aggressive geoblocking and other filtering on the network. I suspect its related to that. 
No idea other than that...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Some additiona detail...

In PowerApps, if I go to Connections, I can see existing connections. If I edit the connections, I see that they are using the gateway. If I try to create a new connection using a gateway, its says there is no gateway available. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Another Update....

Went to lunch, rebooted. Came back and everything is back to normal. 
I know we do some pretty aggressive geoblocking and other filtering on the network. I suspect its related to that. 
No idea other than that...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

And the same issue is back... Been going on for a couple of weeks and hasnt resolved itself. Good thing we dont actually rely on any of these apps...yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,636)