Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robethom
Advocate III
Advocate III

General Permission to View App

Greetings :

I've created a new PowerApps for my organization. However when someone tries to access the app, they are prompted to sign up for a trial.  Everyone accessing the application has a E3 license & has PowerApps for office 365 enabled on their individual accounts.  Is there another setting for users to simply view & used published Apps? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @robethom 

Having a quick look at the add connector screen, Word Online is a Premium connector, so this will be why the App is considered Premium capacity and require a trial.

image.png

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
iAm_ManCat
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @robethom 

This likely means that a connector or datasource the App is using is premium - so would require a license - what connectors and data sources are you connecting to the App?

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Hi,

The connectors being used data source being used is SharePoint online.  The connectors being used are approvals, word, notification, mail and using flows. Unless I'm mistaken, I think everything being used is within our license agreement. Is there anyway to double check to see if any of them is causing the specific issue? 

Hi @robethom 

Having a quick look at the add connector screen, Word Online is a Premium connector, so this will be why the App is considered Premium capacity and require a trial.

image.png

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

jlindstrom
Super User
Super User

Yes--this means you are using CDS, aibuilder, sql, azure connectors, or some other premium connector in your apps.

See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq on the bottom includes a list of connectors that are premium and will require the user to have a license

Azure Application Insights
Azure Automation
Azure Blob Storage
Azure Container
Azure Cosmos
Azure Data Factory
Azure Data Lake
Azure DevOps
Azure Event Grid
Azure Event Grid Publish
Azure File Storage
Azure IoT Central
Azure Kusto
Azure Log Analytics
Azure Log Analytics Data Collector
Azure Queues
Azure Resource Manager
Azure SQL
Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Azure Table Storage
Dynamics 365
Dynamics 365 Customer Insights
Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
Dynamics 365 Sales Insights
Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central (on-premises)
Dynamics NAV
Event Hubs
Service Bus
SQL Server

I'm still reviewing our license agreement. But this looks like it might be it. I used both common services & word for business. When I started building last year I don't think these were premium, but from documentation it appears they were made premium in October.

One quick follow up question. If I have a Plan 2 PowerApps License to create the app, will the users still require a plan 2 to just view and use the app.

Hi @robethom!

So with Power Apps, the way connections are done is tied directly to the person accessing the App via the Microsoft Identity platform - this, among other things, ensures that the person accessing the App uses their same permissions and rights and does not gain access to something they should not have.

What this means, is that every user accessing an App creates their own connections for that App for any connectors used within that App - so if you as a licensed user, create an App that needs a Premium connector, then everyone who accesses that App will need a license capable of that Premium connector.

Hope this helps answer your question! 😺

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (71,026)