cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

General Questions Regarding Power Apps & User Licensing

Licensing Question: We have a user/service account that is licensed for the power automate per user plan in order for us to use premium connectors in power automate like SQL Server. We recently got into powerapps and I want to be able to connect back into our SQL server and it looks like I can under that account no problem, but will we get charged extra here if we use the SQL connection in Powerapps? Money is tight and I want to be sure this user is licensed properly and there is no hidden gotcha's including not just cost but limitations (for instance, only being able to use 1 premium connector in PowerApps)? If anyone knows more on this, please let me know. 

Question 2: Can someone clarify the delegation limits and data set limits? I wanted to create a inventory management app, but I'm concerned that there are too many rows of inventory in our data source for powerapps to handle. There is definitely more than 2000. How do people get around this? 

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @bhanney2323 

1 - In Power Apps every user that needs to access the App would need to premium license since SQL is a premium connector.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

2- Power Apps supports delegation with respect to SQL, CDS & SharePoint. With delegation Power Apps can work with large data sets (>2000 records)

I did a video blog serries on what is delegation and how does it work.

Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwiErbYtRdA&list=PLTyFh-qDKAiE6ia-D94Qk5-AzpN4dqOmD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,027)