Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gclifford
Helper I
Helper I

General question on data entry and workflow

Hello all,

Fairly new to PowerApp but starting to get pretty deep and finding these projects enjoyable.  I need to automate some workflows but they require data entry by multiple teams with each step being more than just a single approve/deny and a comment (which eliminates just using PowerAutomate and the approval step).  There is likely to be a lot of these moving forward so it doesn't seem like building an application each time would make sense.  I was looking at using MS Forms but the inability to reference SQL data for the combo box options and other fields would be a substantial limitation - it also doesn't look like I can include data from the previous step in the forms.

Does anyone have a good suggestion on which path I should be looking to manage these workflows as they rapidly increase?

Regards

G

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@gclifford 
I would suggest avoiding Power Automate altogether as you build a workflow using only PowerApps.  It can handle any complexity you throw at it.

This is quite a lengthy topic to explain so I'll link to a video by @Shanescows:  I use a similar method to do it.

Youtube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49O284deOAI

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,215)