cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generate a PDF of multiple selected list items in SharePoint

Hello, 

I have a sharepoint list and I would like to print multiple Items in one PDF Document. I was able to make a flow with Power Automate, but with that I can only print one list item. 

Does anyone know a solution for this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In Power Apps you can use a Gallery to display the list, and users will be able to select the desired items then collect into a collection, use a button to set a variable and convert this collection into JSON string and pass to flow. In the flow you can Parse JSON, select columns and create an HTML table, generate an HTML file, convert this file to PDF with OneDrive connector.

vjefferni_0-1644304697842.png

In the APP:

vjefferni_1-1644304734129.png

vjefferni_2-1644304748123.png

You can use a Label with Text set to the variable to get the sample for Parse JSON operation in the flow.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In Power Apps you can use a Gallery to display the list, and users will be able to select the desired items then collect into a collection, use a button to set a variable and convert this collection into JSON string and pass to flow. In the flow you can Parse JSON, select columns and create an HTML table, generate an HTML file, convert this file to PDF with OneDrive connector.

vjefferni_0-1644304697842.png

In the APP:

vjefferni_1-1644304734129.png

vjefferni_2-1644304748123.png

You can use a Label with Text set to the variable to get the sample for Parse JSON operation in the flow.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

thank you very much for this great explanation! 🙂 What do I have to write into the Parse JSON operator? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And in the APP I am trying to insert the commands that you have used, but I only get error messages... 😞 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Like I said previously, you can use a Label with Text set to the variable to get the sample for Parse JSON operation in the flow. What kind of error did you meet? What was the error message saying?

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn´t recognize the command 'PowerAppsbutton-3'

Hi @Anonymous ,

That's my flow name, use your own flow.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changed it 🙂 Now I have isssues with the symbols. See attached screen shots Screenshot 2022-02-16 150113.pngScreenshot 2022-02-16 150213.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

You will need ;; to separate functions as your regional settings is supposed to be in EU. I'm in US so I use coma(,) inside functions to divide parameters and semicolon(;) to divide functions, but when regional settings change to most of EU they should be ; and ;; 

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

The name of my Flow in Power Automate is PowerApp. I insert this instead of the previous name TestTestTest. I still get an error message " Aufruf einer unbekannten oder nicht unterstützten Funktion". 

I tried using ;; , &&, AND to seperate the funktions Set(var21;JSON(Plan;IgnoreBinaryData));; 'PowerApp'.Run(var21) but it didnt solve the issue. Then I wrote "PowerApp" but then it wont recognise the command .Run(var21). Maybe it wont recognise my flow name because I didnt save it in PowerAutomate? If it is so, I cant save it beacause Parse JSON is empty and I thought I need the Button to generate what I need to insert in ParseJSON. But the Button wont work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,016)