cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCMCCAUGHEY
Helper I
Helper I

Generate text for url to launch based on user input.

I'm trying to figure out a way to generate the text for a url based on used input.

I can open company documents directly in a browser as long as I have the document numbers numbers. The URLs are structured the same for each document. 

Is there a simple way to generate this? I have been reading up on the "concat". I just dont want it to go to a sharepoint list or do anything extra just take the text from a couple of text inputs and insert it into my url to launch. 

https://the static part of the email Entry1 "static text" Entry2 "static text" Entry3 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

& is same as Concat. In nay of the PowerApps formula. Use String or Static Text in Double Inverted comma and PowerApps Code after &

so if you have a textinput1 that have value "test" in it and you write on another text input default as

"This is Static Text Plus" &TextInput2.Text

your output in TextInput2 will be

This is Static Text Plustest

You can apply this anywhere

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I'll give that a run real quick. Apparently I was over thinking it. 

& is same as Concat. In nay of the PowerApps formula. Use String or Static Text in Double Inverted comma and PowerApps Code after &

so if you have a textinput1 that have value "test" in it and you write on another text input default as

"This is Static Text Plus" &TextInput2.Text

your output in TextInput2 will be

This is Static Text Plustest

You can apply this anywhere

View solution in original post

Does it look like I entered it correctly? I got it to a point where there are no errors, but when I select the button it doesn't go anywhere, and says the address is unreachable. I'm trying to make sure I have in there correctly. I'm still comparing they url to what I have in there.

ss.png

Never mind I got it figured out. 

ss2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,943)