cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Generate word doc from form

I need to generate a word document from a form which is sent to a sharepoint list. I have seen other people do this without it but it is outdated and I can't get it to work. Is there really no other way to create a template and word that is then populated with a sharepoint list. I can't use a premium connector so there has to be another way. 

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

@powerapps890 ,

If you do not want to use a Premium Connector (and the Word connector), the Quick Parts process as described by Laura Rogers in the link works, but I have not used it for some time (I use the premium connector).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I don't know how to pull the information from a sharepoint list. They use manually trigger a flow but I would need it to pull from sharepoint. What would I use for that? @WarrenBelz 

@powerapps890 ,

The trigger needs to be PowerApps rather than manual.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I attempted to follow the tutorial you linked but I am stuck. I posted on the power automate forum. @WarrenBelz 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Fill-word-template-using-quickparts/td-p/758698

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,064)