cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Geospatial Features Not Connecting

Hello, 

I just enabled the geospatial feature within the admin center and the app itself however, whenever I add it, I get an error message "Cannot connect to mapping service. Check your internet connection or visit Azure Status for more information".  I am connected to the internet, and there is nothing on Azure Status and I haven't been able to find anything online. Has anyone had this issue before? I am also not having any luck with the address input field. It doesn't provide me with the options. 

Melinda_1-1605209322235.png

Melinda_2-1605210149379.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ssalvner Yes I finally got it to work. There are a few things that need to be done. 

1. We had to create a custom environment (in order to even be able to access admin center)

2. Within the admin center you also need to enable: Power Apps component framework for canvas apps in addition to the geospatial features

3. Depending on your organization you need to have your environment be added to the correct Data Policy, one that includes the Spatial Services. 

4. Within the app, you need to connect to "Organizations" Common Data source (even if you don't need to use it).

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue, have you been able to resolve your problem?  If so, what was the fix action??

@ssalvner Yes I finally got it to work. There are a few things that need to be done. 

1. We had to create a custom environment (in order to even be able to access admin center)

2. Within the admin center you also need to enable: Power Apps component framework for canvas apps in addition to the geospatial features

3. Depending on your organization you need to have your environment be added to the correct Data Policy, one that includes the Spatial Services. 

4. Within the app, you need to connect to "Organizations" Common Data source (even if you don't need to use it).

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (50,396)