cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Get GPS coordinates on ANDROID TABLET and SMARTPHONE doesn't work

Hello,

I want in my PowerApps application, a button. And when i click on this button i want that application geolocate ( Latitude and Longitude) the user who click on the button. It works good on PC, but on android tablets and smartphone, the button doesn't work... I don't understand why. because, the GPS position icons is activated on both devices, but when i clickl on the application's geolocate button, it doesn't match.

This is my formula :

UpdateContext({var_latitude:Location.Latitude});;UpdateContext({var_longitude:Location.Longitude}).

Can you help me please ?

I need that it works on tablets and smartphone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mckent1 

With a mobile device, Power Apps can automatically disable location services in order to preserve battery life. There are more details here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-enable-disable

Therefore, can you try to enable location services before you reference the signal to see if that makes a difference?

Enable(Location);;
UpdateContext({var_latitude:Location.Latitude});;
UpdateContext({var_longitude:Location.Longitude})

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @mckent1 ,

Are you sure that PowerApps has rights to use location on your tablet / phone ? This is a common behaviour when powerapps is not allowed to use location on a mobile device ?

Hope it helps ! 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mckent1 

With a mobile device, Power Apps can automatically disable location services in order to preserve battery life. There are more details here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-enable-disable

Therefore, can you try to enable location services before you reference the signal to see if that makes a difference?

Enable(Location);;
UpdateContext({var_latitude:Location.Latitude});;
UpdateContext({var_longitude:Location.Longitude})

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,090)