cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Get Item Connection Issue in Ms flow called from Customized Form

Hello,

We have a customized form which calls two flows. When we (the tester and I) run the form both flows work fine.

However, when the customer runs the flows, only the first flow works and the second gives the following error message

at the Share Point 'Get Item' action step in the flow:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_item' inputs at line '1' and column '2077': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_sharepointonline' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline_1, shared_office365'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I've tried doing the following suggestions:

I've tried removing all flows from the form, saving and publishing, then exiting the form.

Then in a new browser going back into the form and adding back in the flows, then saved and republished.

I tried adding in a new Get Item Action above the failing one but got the same issue:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'New_Get_Item' inputs at line '1' and column '2105': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_sharepointonline' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline_1, shared_office365'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I've even tried creating a brand new flow and with a new Get Item call but we get the same issue once more:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_item' inputs at line '1' and column '2080': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_sharepointonline' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline_1, shared_office365'.

The customer users trying to run the form have Admin rights, I thought initially it might have been a permissions issue.

I don't know why it works for us and not for the customer?

Regards

Adrian

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Ady 

Can you remove the flow from the button control in the canvas app and add it again? Whenever you make some changes in the flow related to external data sources actions, the flow needs to be registered again and this makes sure that the app is pointing to the latest version of the flow.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for the response, this is a sharepoint customized form, not a canvas app.

I have tried:

1.  removed the data connections to all the flows in the form.
  2. Published the form and went back to sharepoint.
  3. exited the browser, and opened a new browser.
  4. Back into the customized form and added back in the flows.
  5. saved and published.

But this didn't work.

Cheers

Ady

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ady ,

Could you please share a bit more about your flow's configuration?

Could you please show more details about the parameters defined within your flow?

Do you mean that you could run the two flows properly without any issue, but the customer user could not call the second flow from your custom form app?

Further, have you shared your second flow to your end users with proper permission?

Firstly, if you want the Customer users to run the custom form app in your SP List, they must have proper permission to access your SP List, and they must own proper PowerApps license.

If you want these Customer users to call the flow from the custom form app, you must also share your flow to these customer users with proper permission.

On your side, please check if you have shared your second flow to your customer users with proper permission. In addition, please also make sure that you have shared proper permission of the SP List the "Get Item" action related to with your Customer users.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,636)