cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karlagb20
Level: Powered On

Get Manager Display Name

Hi,

I'm making a vacation request and I'm trying to get the current user manager name to display on the "supervisor field"

for example if I'm filling out the form my supervisor field automatically gets filled with my supervisor names.

currently I have this but it's not working

Office365Users.Manager(Office365Users.MyProfile().DisplayName).DisplayName

Please help

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Get Manager Display Name

You didn't specify which error you are receiving but when I test it I get a 404.  Reference this post regarding this type of error.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Office-365-Profile-Information-getting-user-m...  

If this is not the error you are receiving, please post additional details so someone can help.

Merlijn
Level 8

It's not working because I think you're trying to get the Manager in a text field. 

With the Manager you get a record. So make a ClearCollect on the OnVisible of the page:

ClearCollect(MyManager,'Office365-users'.Manager('Office365-gebruikers'.MyProfile().Id))

Once you've collected his details, you can use this to get his email address. 

first(MyManager).Mail 

If this post solves your problem, consider marking it as your solution.

Highlighted
K-A-R-L
Level 10

Hi @karlagb20 ,

You might try the above solutions if any of it works.

As a workaround add this to the OnVisible() Property of the screen:

Set(MyProfile,Office365Users.MyProfile()); //settting your porfile as global variable
Set(NewLeaveApproverID,Office365Users.Manager(Office365Users.MyProfile().Id).Id); //settting managers id as global variable

On the Text Field where you want the Manager's name to appear change the Text() property to:

If(!IsBlank(NewLeaveApproverID),Office365Users.UserProfile(NewLeaveApproverID).DisplayName)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks,
K-A-R-L

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

karlagb20
Level: Powered On

@Merlijn @K-A-R-L I tried that but nothing worked. Like nothing popped up on the label. It was blank.

I thought doing it in a text field would work.

To display the current user name I added a label and in default I did Office365Users.MyProfile().DisplayName  and that brought up my name to the power app or whoever opens up the power app. I would like to do the same to show my managers name only not email. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,003)